Sunday, September 12, 2010

Caramelised Banana Pancrepes for Breakfast - Pure Decadence

It was one of those typical Sunday mornings - slow. A couple of cuppas, computer catchup was nicely underway - and then it came to a stop.

A request for French toast by my granddaughter for her breakfast suddenly cut through the equilibrium.

Oh dear. Amazing how one little seven year old can totally change the whole course of a Sunday morning...

Nana looked at her and, of course, received one of those 'sweet and cute' looks that are so hard for any Nana to refuse.

So, I duly complied, and the French toast was cooked. It was then requested to have it with icing sugar sprinkled on top. Hmmmm... sugar this time of the morning???? Oh well...

And seeing as I had already started, I thought I might as well carry on. Nana fancied pancakes. But, not just your ordinary pancakes - special ones. Caramelised banana pancakes to be exact, or pancrepes as we call them in this house.

The Reason? I say they are pancakes, and daughter says they are crepes so we created pancrepes. It works well alleviates any squibbles - mostly.

Anyway, I cooked the pancrepes, caramel sauce and bananas and called a very surprised daughter for breakfast. She wasn't expecting that one. We both pigged out, and Rhi managed to get through one and a half - even after her French toast; no idea where she put it, probably squished down into her toes...

Now, to any other Nana's out there who like caramel, bananas and pancakes, I totally recommend trying this for breakfast - or as an afternoon treat, or as a dessert, or as a midnight snack. Anytime is a good time...

It literally is Pure Decadence.

And on top of that, it has to come with a perfect pot of Earl Grey... which I will make sure happens next time.

Maybe I might just have to make some more - just to try that out...


No comments:

Post a Comment