Monday, December 26, 2011

Yoga for Spinners and Knitters

Stiffness and limited movement can become a problem for many spinners and knitters. Extra exercise and movement will help to re-mobilise those stiff shoulders, wrists and joints.

I found this Yoga video when looking for something to re-mobilise myself and thought I'd share it with everyone. After only the one session, I already feel a difference and intend to work with it every day.You don't have to be 'Senior' to reap the rewards!

Esther is using a fold-up chair but I recommend using a dining chair or one that is solid. Fold-up chairs can be a little flimsy and tend to topple over. Once you know the moves, you can even practice this yoga in front of your spinning wheel while taking a break..




Give it a go, and if it helps do leave a comment so that we can let others share this excellent practice.




1 comment:

  1. Helpful video thank you- I get stiff spinning for long periods, maybe I'll give this a try!

    ReplyDelete